The Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins
3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Heavy pinch of salt
Dash of Nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 generous cup plain, unflavored yogurt (throw in extra if you want)
2 cups fresh blueberries
Softened Butter, for muffin tins
Turbinado sugar (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
2) In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3) In another large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, cap-ful of vanilla, egg, and yogurt. Add thedry ingredients and stir to a count of 10.
4) Add blueberries, reserving 1/2 cup, to mixture and stir 3 times.
5) Add mixture to well-buttered muffin pans. Sprinkle remaining berries on top and press down lightly. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over top. (Brown sugar can be used instead.)
6) Bake 20 to 25 minutes and allow to cool completely.